Those who know me will know that I’m a bit of a beauty addict – I’m also very brand loyal, so once I find a brand I love I do like to keep using it, which can cause it’s own issues as there are so many gorgeous brands out there to try! I also like to as much as possible to stick to natural products as I’m quite conscious about what I’m putting on my skin. I’m a huge fan of both Ren and Cowshed, which have amazing natural ranges – I have recently started using Cowshed’s new deodorant, Cow Pit, which I’m so pleased to have discovered. I’ve been looking for an effective chemical free deodorant for a long time and this one really fits the bill.
I’ve also recently discovered the brand Figs & Rouge – I simply love their range of products – the packaging is classy in monochrome and they use natural bio-active technology. I think in Winter it’s particularly important to look after and nourish your skin, so I wanted to share my top Winter beauty buys!
- First on my list is sleep! In winter I find I’m always lower in energy and so a good night’s sleep is even more important. For Christmas I was given a beautiful satin eye mask from Olivia Von Halle and it’s changed the way I sleep. In the past I have only ever used an eye mask when travelling on long haul flights, but over the last couple of months I’ve been channelling Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl and wearing it each night at home too. I can’t tell you how much it’s changed my sleep – although I don’t think I’m sleeping for longer, I am definitely sleeping more deeply, with less interruptions. And you just can put a price on a good night’s sleep!
- A moisturising bath oil is really important to keep skin soft in winter months – my current choice is Moroccan Rose Otto Bath Oil from Ren.
- It’s important to moisturise well after your bath too – for best results apply a moisturiser or oil while your skin is still a little damp – I’m currently using Moroccan Rose Otto Body Lotion, but another of my favourites is Divine Oil by Caudalie, which really does smell divine!
- Also make sure you cleanse your skin well morning and night, but in the colder months use something gentle on your skin. My current choice is Figs & Rouge Clarifianté Purifying and I’m also loving their Hydra – Active 3 in 1 Hero Cream – perfect for dry skin on face or hands.
- Really nourish your skin in Winter – I adore Chantecaille and I find the Aromacologie Vital Essence and Flower Harmonizing Cream perfect for these cold months, so I use those every morning and a night oil every evening – currently I’m using Själ Saphir Concentrate oil, which is a great product. Don’t be put off by the price tag as one small bottle will last months – I’ve had mine since October and it’s still going strong!
- In Winter I wear also tend to wear a bit more make up – in summer I only wear a tinted moisturiser, but at the moment I feel that I need a bit more colour and coverage, so am using Chantecaille (I told you I was brand loyal!) Future Skin in Nude.
- Otherwise I tend to keep my make up quite simple – YSL Touche Eclat and YSL Mascara and a slick of lipgloss…
- Lips need a lot of care in Winter – currently I am loving Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil – it glides on, it really moisturising and doesn’t leave a sticky residue. The same goes for their Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector, I love the soft colour that it gives – very natural and flattering.
- Finally my choices for Winter scent! As I mentioned above, I have recently discovered Cowshed’s Cow Pit, which I love – it smells divine and it actually works, which isn’t always the case with natural deodorants. For perfume I’m a huge fan of Bella Bellissima – it’s a really upmarket, niche perfume brand sold in stores such as Selfridges and Fortnum’s. When it comes to scent I like to be unique and for this Bella is perfect. She has a large range with something to suit everyone. I’m currently alternating between Perfect Life and N0 3 – if you haven’t tried them before then I highly recommend popping to the counter in Selfridges for a good sniff!